The information we collect.
Mirrored Storage collects two types of information about users of this Web site; "Personal Information" (including, but not limited to, your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address) and non-personally identifiable and anonymous "Aggregate Information" (such as information about how many users log onto our Web site).
Please read this policy carefully to learn how you can verify the accuracy of any Personal Information we have concerning you and how you can request that Mirrored Storage delete or update your Personal Information.
In order to accommodate your information request, we ask you to submit your name, title, company affiliation (if any), mailing address, telephone number and e-mail address. At your option, you may also provide us with the best time at which to contact you, the annual revenues of the company with which you are affiliated, the number of employees of the company you are affiliated with, and other relevant comments [if a comment field exists for the information you have requested].
How we use the information we collect.
We will use the information you submit (a) to answer your specific inquiry; (b) at your option, to send you additional materials relating to Mirrored Storage and services that may be of interest to you; (c) in the administration of the Web site; and (d) as otherwise described in this policy.
Mirrored Storage may, from time to time, share your Personal Information with marketing consultants, in which case, the consultants shall be prohibited from using your Personal Information except with respect to assisting Mirrored Storage in the sale of its services and products, and the consultants shall also be required to comply with the terms of this policy.
The information we disclose.
Subject to applicable law, we and our service providers (as defined below) disclose and share your personal information:
· Among Mirrored Storage and its Affiliates;
· To a third party in connection with a proposed or actual sale, merger, or transfer of all or a portion of a business or division; and
· To other persons as permitted or required by applicable law or regulation.
For credit card payments, we employ third parties to process these payments on our behalf. These third-party credit card processing parties will only have access to the personal information which you provide directly to them when you make a credit card payment. They are required under their contract with Mirrored Storage to process this personal information securely and in accordance with the relevant privacy or data protection laws.
Any access to such information will be limited to the purpose for which such information was provided to us or our Service Providers. Mirrored Storage, its Affiliates and Service Providers are located throughout the world. Accordingly, your Personal Information may be sent to countries which have a different level of privacy protection than the United States of America (USA) or your country of residence. For instance, if you inquire about services Mirrored Storage provides in France and in Brazil, Mirrored Storage will forward your inquiry to the Mirrored Storage location in such countries. Mirrored Storage will, at your request, provide you with details of companies and countries to which your information has been sent.
Links and third-party websites.
This policy applies only to this Web site. This site includes links to both our Affiliated Web sites and to non-affiliated Web sites, including access to content, products and services of such Affiliated and non-affiliated sites.
How to opt out or request changes.
You are entitled to request that Mirrored Storage:
· provide you with a copy of your Personal Information that it holds;
· cease processing your Personal Information, in whole or in part, as you direct us, for the purposes of direct marketing;
· correct any errors in that Personal Information; and
· update that Personal Information as required.
If you would like to receive a copy of the Personal Information we have about you as submitted to us via this Web site, or if you wish to opt out of receiving marketing related communications from us, please send a request to email@example.com, and we will make every reasonable effort to correct or update it promptly (unless we require further information from you in order to fulfill your request). You may also ask us to remove your name and other Personal Information from our databases. In each of the foregoing cases, we will make all reasonable efforts to honor your request promptly, subject to legal and other permissible considerations.
If you do not receive acknowledgement of your inquiry from the firstname.lastname@example.org, or your inquiry has not been satisfactorily addressed, you should first contact Mirrored Storage's President at email@example.com.
Notification of changes.
Mirrored Storage may, in its sole discretion, update this policy at any time and from time to time, by posting the amended policy on this Web site. If we make material changes to this policy that affect our treatment of your Personal Information, we will provide you with e-mail or postal mail notice and a choice to opt in under the terms of the revised policy. After the changes take effect, all newly collected Personal Information will be subject to the terms of the revised policy and all previously collected Personal Information will be handled in accordance with your response to our opt-in notice (in accordance with the revised policy if you opt in and in accordance with the previous policy if you do not opt in). If no material changes have been made to this policy that affect our treatment of your Personal Information, the amended policy shall be effective upon posting, and your access to or use of the site following an update shall be deemed consent to the revised policy. If you have asked to receive marketing and other materials, and you regularly receive electronic communications from us, amendments to this policy may be sent to you via e-mail. We urge you to refer back to this page regularly and especially prior to providing any Personal Information via this Web site. This policy may not be otherwise amended without the written consent of Mirrored Storage. This Policy was last updated October 28, 2009.
How we protect and store your information.
Mirrored Storage takes seriously the security of the information it collects. Mirrored Storage has therefore implemented technology and security policies and procedures intended to reduce the risk of accidental destruction or loss, or the unauthorized disclosure or access to such information appropriate to the nature of the data concerned. In addition, Mirrored Storage has certified its compliance with the Safe Harbor framework designed to satisfy the "adequacy" requirement under the European Directive on Data Protection.
Personal Information collected via this Web site is stored on servers in the USA, and these servers are subject to Mirrored Storage's IT security policies and procedures. If you are located in another jurisdiction, you should be aware that your Personal Information once collected will be transferred to our servers, and the USA currently does not have uniform data protection laws.
Mirrored Storage is concerned about the safety of children when they use the internet, and will never knowingly collect Personal Information from minors (children under 13 years of age, or any other age defined under applicable law) [without prior verifiable parental consent]. If we become aware that a minor is attempting to or has submitted Personal Information via this Web site, we will notify the user that we may not accept his or her Personal Information. We will then remove any such Personal Information from our records.
Mirrored Storage's Business Ethics Program.
Questions regarding this policy.
If you have questions concerning this Policy, please contact our President at 1-214-550-0550, via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to Mirrored Storage, 5716 Clarendon Dr, Plano, TX 75093, U.S.A.
Mirrored Storage's Privacy Principles
Mirrored Storage commits to the following:
Mirrored Storage only collects information that is needed. From its valued customers, Mirrored Storage collects information that will enable it to administer customer accounts, to provide marketing information about Mirrored Storage's services and products, to provide "white papers" containing articles that may be useful to customers, to obtain information that may be helpful to Mirrored Storage in administering and enhancing its Web site, and to fulfill any regulatory or legal requirement. We keep our customers informed as to what information we are collecting and how that information will be used.
From its valued employees, Mirrored Storage collects information that will enable it to manage employee benefits and related benefit plan administration, for human resources management purposes and staff training and for immigration purposes, as well as to fulfill any regulatory or legal requirement.
- Customers must "opt in" prior to Mirrored Storage using Customer information online. You have the option of determining whether to supply Mirrored Storage with information that it may use for purposes of sending you information, whether it is sent through online marketing efforts, by telephone, by fax or by mail. At any time, you may "opt out", and Mirrored Storage will use its best efforts to promptly cease processing the Personal Information you previously supplied. In connection with the offline activities of Mirrored Storage, the Customer may simply notify Mirrored Storage in writing that it wishes to cease receiving additional information from Mirrored Storage ("opt out"), and Mirrored Storage will use its best efforts to promptly honor any such request.
- Mirrored Storage uses security procedures and safeguards that it considers appropriate for the level of Personal Information our customers or employees are providing to Mirrored Storage. Mirrored Storage's goal is to prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, ensure the appropriate use of information and use professional industry standards to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information under Mirrored Storage's control in connection with its information management services.
- Release of Information. In addition to using customer or employee information to fulfill requests received from its respective customers or employees, Mirrored Storage discloses information provided to it when required to do so by law or by a regulatory agency. In addition, Mirrored Storage may share, as appropriate, with its Affiliates, with unaffiliated third parties that are under contract to perform services for or on behalf of Mirrored Storage (Service Providers) (who are required to uphold and maintain policies with respect to privacy and the treatment of your Person Information) and/or to a third party in connection with a proposed or actual sale, merger or transfer of all or a portion of a business or division.
- Mirrored Storage's expectations for its Service Providers. Mirrored Storage expects its Service Providers, who may have access to Personal Information furnished to us by our customers or employees for purposes of providing services to Mirrored Storage, to honor the privacy principles set forth herein, whether such Service Providers are accessing customer or employee information and considers a Service Provider's commitment to privacy and security as part of its decision-making process as to which Service Providers it selects as its business partners.