Ransomware is on the rise and can cause a costly and potentially catastrophic situation for organizations.
- Infection starts at a workstation
- Workstation can get infected by an email attachment OR by visiting a website
- Starts by infecting user document folder
- Spreads to network share that workstation is connected to it
- AV can automatically remove the infection AND encryption key. If this happens it can cause the infection antidote to be useless
- User I presented with Ransom Note (stored on desktop)
- User NEVER admits to seeing Note (from our experience)!
- Ransom ranges from a few hundred to THOUSANDS of Dollars OR Bitcoins
To avoid of this have a ROCK SOLID backup partner like Mirrored Storage!
Mirrored Storage | Secure CLOUD Solutions for Business | mirroredstorage.com
Mirrored Storage provides cloud backup, cloud storage and a full range of Information Technology services to businesses in Dallas, Fort Worth and surrounding area.
By John Neibel | mirroredstorage.com